Senior Video Editor
People Productions is looking for a Senior-level Video Editor with strong storytelling skills and both 2D and 3D motion design experience to join our ~20 person, dynamic team.
We are a creative agency in the heart of Boulder, CO, working primarily with medical device and technology clients. We pride ourselves on being able to take complex ideas and make them simple and easy to understand. This often involves research and a steep learning curve, but we enjoy immersing ourselves in new technologies to create thoughtful and informative content.
Responsibilities and Primary Duties:
- Editing story-based marketing videos (corporate, narrative, product, testimonial, etc.)
- Animating motion graphics with After Effects and Cinema 4D.
- Must be fluent with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of post-production software.
- Handle all aspects of post-production, including final color correction, recording voiceovers, and mixing final audio.
It is important to note, we are looking for a ‘short-form’ editor with a background in marketing, not someone who is specialized solely in motion graphics design. While 2D and 3D motion design experience is necessary, we need an editor who has experience creating short-form narratives that clearly communicate ideas and information in a compelling way.
Bonus (but not required):
- Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator experience.
- Knowledge of 3D animation in Maya, and CAD, or other 3D design software.
- Expert level sound recording and editing experience.
- Background with cameras and can act as a photographer or videographer.
- Producer experience and/or the ability to oversee a project from concept to completion on your own.
- Web-savvy – not a developer, but able to speak or work in new media/digital formats.
- Interesting skills we forgot to mention.
Salary is commensurate with experience. For out-of-town candidates, please indicate your plans for moving to Boulder, Colorado. Relocation assistance is not provided.
how to apply
Please send resume and portfolio/samples/demo reel to email@example.com with
“Senior Video Editor – (your name)”
in the subject line. No calls please.