People Productions is looking for an accounting assistant to join our small, creatively dynamic team. Our company is growing! You must be highly attentive to details and self-motivated at finding tasks to do in the quiet time as well. Must be flexible and adaptable in terms of your daily duties, as various duties will fluctuate within the scope of the position.
This position will be responsible for a variety of bookkeeping tasks working towards the achievement of company goals in the areas of revenue generation while building long-term client & vendor relationships. If you have excellent bookkeeping skills and a passion for assisting back-end functions or improving existing ones, we would like to meet you. As an accounting assistant, you’ll work closely with our team (including accountant, project managers, and other creative roles) to ensure accounting consistency and provide assistance with the accounting side of the company. Ultimately, you should be able to assist, maintain, and provide functional and consistent bookkeeping skills to meet our company’s needs.
This position is an integral part of the back-end operations team and will support the entire organization in the day-to-day duties that are critical to the success and growth of this creative company! Skills required include building trust, adding value and collaborating with others, communicating and executing tasks effectively, assisting and contributing with innovation, solving problems creatively and demonstrating high integrity. We would love a professional individual who has a good sense of humor and is the “right fit” to come join our company!
QUALIFICATIONS | REQUIREMENTS | EXPERIENCE:
- QuickBooks Accounting (software used is QuickBooks Desktop)
- Bookkeeping knowledge with demonstrated experience, accuracy and financial reporting
- Effective interpersonal verbal and written communication
- Excellence in attention to detail
- Responsible, self-motivated, and reliable
- Strong organizational, analytical, & time management skills
- Computer knowledge (PC/Mac, iPads/Tablets, iPhones/Smartphones, Internet, etc.)
- Data entry and database familiarity
- Software application knowledge (MS Excel, Word, Outlook, Google Apps, etc.)
- Office equipment experience and the ability to solve basic IT troubleshooting
- Diverse customer service background
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism with a collaborative work ethic
- Able to work independently and know when to seek assistance
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Diplomatic and tactful with professionals
- Excellence with math, money, and numbers
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Summary of various duties):
- Accountant/HR/Administrative Assistant
- Process, report, classify, and expense accounting
- Manage expense reports and spreadsheets
- Maintain organized accounting files with good record-keeping practices
- Detail-oriented: Deliver work that you have double- and triple-checked before review
- Maintain confidential company data, company financial information, and client/vendor information
- Database management & data entry
- Provide support services to various team members with focus on bookkeeping aspects
- Contribute bookkeeping support that assists with business development efforts
- Ability to maintain hardcopy and network/cloud filing systems
- Manage and digitizing paper filing system to cloud and drive storage
- Provide scanning, proofreading, & document editing
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Communicate with team, clients, and vendors
- Maintain office supplies and assist in purchasing
- Manage tasks and reminders for various bookkeeping aspects
- Contribute a variety of overall assistance to the team and work environment as needed
Bonus (not required):
- Savvy with various media/digital file formats
- Technology and media knowledge helpful
- Interesting skills we forgot to mention
We are a marketing/production agency in the heart of Boulder, working extensively with medical device and other B2B technology clients. We are highly creative and pride ourselves in taking complex ideas and making them simple. Sometimes the projects have a pretty steep learning curve, but that is part of the fun. We enjoy immersing ourselves in new technologies to create thoughtful and informative campaigns, videos, and apps. If you enjoy constantly learning about science and technology, this is the position for you.
When you walk into our downtown, dog-friendly Boulder office you can feel the creative buzz.Our team hangs out at lunch and spends time sharing ideas, so there’s always a flow of information between what’s possible and what’s imagined. We work hard, but there is no shortage of laughter and congeniality around the office. That said, all work and no play make Dick and Jane very dull people, so as a company we stress the importance of a healthy work/life balance. We live in a beautiful state, and we strive to make sure we all have the time to enjoy it.
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Accounting Assistant– (Your Name)” in the subject line and in a PDF formatting only.
Phone & In-person interviews will begin shortly. Position is available immediately. Salary is commensurate with experience. Thank you in advance for your interest in the accounting assistant position!
Please, no phone calls about this job position! Local candidates preferred (no relocation assistance offered).