People Productions is looking for a talented Art Director to join our small (20-30 person) and very dynamic team. We are a marketing/production agency in the heart of Boulder, working primarily with B2B industries in medical device and technology verticals.
We pride ourselves in being able to take complex ideas and make them simple. Sometimes this involves a pretty steep learning curve with our client’s technology, but we enjoy immersing ourselves in new technologies to create thoughtful and informative campaigns, videos, and apps. If you’re a designer who enjoys constantly learning about science and technology, this is the job for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with a talented creative team to design assets including branding concepts, messaging, video storyboards, interactive apps, websites, presentations, and print collateral.
- Dive into new technologies surrounding client products to gain thorough understanding
- Contribute well-developed ideas during brainstorms and conceptual meetings
- Create thoughtful design comps based on direction
- Contribute to business development efforts in the form of presentation decks, graphics and visual assets
- Other duties as assigned
- 5-6 years experience working in graphic design, digital design, or related-field
- B2B marketing experience is required. And, bonus if you have medical / med device experience.
- A stylish and updated portfolio of outstanding work that exemplifies a solid understanding of typography, color theory, and composition
- A passion for design and out-of-the-box ideation. You are able to run with a project and provide insights and new ideas. You love to “wow” with your work.
- Understand what it takes to tell a succinct and compelling story and turn that into thoughtful design
- Solid skills in AfterEffects, Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator, utilizing “clean,” layered files
- Video storyboarding experience for live video and animation. Please include examples of storyboards and final videos in your portfolio.
- Familiarity with Microsoft PPT; presentation deck creation a plus
- Strong print process knowledge, knowing how to create accurate print-ready files to spec
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Meticulousness – you pay strict attention to detail for perfecting client-facing collateral and presentations, and you always double and triple-check your work
- A collaborative work ethic and ability to take direction and constructive criticism
- Able to work independently without needing to be micromanaged, but knowing when to seek assistance
- Must be highly organized. File naming, folder structures, and versioning is the less glamorous part of designing, but very important in collaborating with other designers, animators and others on our team.
- Be multidimensional and love to learn. You geek out and dive into new subjects and activities inside and outside of work. You may not be a master in these areas, but you know enough to be dangerous. The world is your medium and the sky is your limit.
- While not a copywriting position, we find that art directors that can tell a verbal story can help propel their designs
- Think you are a great fit, but you don’t quite match this list – that’s okay. Show us your creative side.
- 3D modeling and animation experience, including Cinema 4D
- UI/UX experience with knowledge of the latest trends in interactivity. Working knowledge of Adobe XD with an understanding of wireframing and prototyping.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Marketing education/experience
Compensation for this role is dependent on experience and skillset. Range is $65,000 – $83,000. We also offer vacation time, sick time, health insurance with supplemental vision and dental coverage. You are eligible for our computer purchase program. Employees may also receive an RTD bus pass.
How to apply:
Please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio/samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with
“Art Director – (Your Name)”
in the subject line. No calls please.
When you walk into our downtown, dog-friendly Boulder office you can feel the creative buzz-or when you Zoom/Skype into a call you will see a group of friendly and smiling faces. Our creative and tech teams hang out, so there’s always a flow of information between what’s possible and what’s imagined. We work hard, but there is no shortage of laughter and congeniality with our team and our clients.
And, best of all, you don’t need to be in the office, we embrace the hybrid approach of some time in the office and working at home – we even have entirely remote employees.
Our people are the kind who thrive on excellence without any big egos. And being in a place where we can do great work is rewarding in and of itself. Many of us have been here a long time and feel a deep sense of ownership in People Productions. As a company we stress the importance of a healthy work/life balance. We live in a beautiful state, and we strive to make sure we all have the time to enjoy it.