Associate Creative Director
People Productions is looking for an Associate Creative Director. This position will be responsible for leading or co-leading projects from conception to creative direction to final production. We are looking for a unique skill set that combines strategic thinking with elegant design and copywriting skills to both create content and lead our 20-person dynamic creative staff.
These are the 3 biggest things this role requires. If you do not have these, please continue your job search elsewhere:
- Medical marketing experience, preferred in the medical device market
- Copywriting – video scripts, web copy, print – all sorts of copywriting
- MarCom campaign development
We are a marketing/production agency in the heart of Boulder, working primarily with medical device and technology clients in B2B campaigns, content creation, and sales enablement. We pride ourselves in being able to take complex ideas and make them simple. Sometimes this involves a pretty steep learning curve with some products, but we enjoy immersing ourselves in new technologies to create thoughtful and informative campaigns, videos, and apps. If you’re a strategic creative who enjoys constantly learning about science and technology, this is the job for you.
What you’ll be doing:
You should be comfortable wearing a few hats. In business generation, you’ll assist with proposal writing and creating pitches. For our clients, you’ll be accountable for heavily researching and understanding their business initiatives and generating ideas to solve their big picture needs. You should be able to tell a compelling story, both verbally and visually. You’ll also be responsible for seeing these ideas come to fruition. You should feel comfortable getting in the trenches of production to actually create content, as well as being a leader in our team, providing guidance to creative staff members. Coaching and mentoring other members of our team is a key part of this role, too.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 8+ years experience in a creative agency or within the medical or tech industries or related field on the client side. B2B marketing experience is required.
- A solid portfolio demonstrating concepting, writing, and design skills (with B2B examples).
- Extensive education or experience in the visual arts (graphic design, user experience, etc.) and/or language arts (copywriting, scriptwriting, etc.). Confidence with both is preferred.
- Experience with video production and animation is mandatory. Knowledge of best practices in digital development and UX/UI design is also a must.
- Experience with print design is preferred.
- A natural ability to lead, and a proven record of leading creative teams of 3 or more people.
- Confidence in ideation and presenting ideas to the team and clients. You can communicate your ideas clearly and justify the rationale behind them.
- Knowledge of (or willingness to dive in and learn about) our key industries and the marketing challenges and opportunities within them.
- Initiative. You’re never bored, but consistently seek out opportunities to improve and stand out as an A-player.
- A pleasant demeanor, a can-do attitude, and a team player.
When you walk into our downtown, dog-friendly Boulder office you can feel the creative buzz. Our creative and tech teams hang out at lunch (when we are in person!) and spend time sharing ideas, so there’s always a flow of information between what’s possible and what’s imagined. We work hard, but there is no shortage of laughter and congeniality around the office.
Our people are the kind who thrive on excellence. And being in a place where we can do great work is rewarding in and of itself. Many of us have been here a long time and feel a deep sense of ownership in People Productions. That said, all work and no play make us very dull people, so as a company we stress the importance of a healthy work/life balance. We live in a beautiful state, and we strive to make sure we all have the time to enjoy it.
How to apply:
Please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio/samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with
“Associate Creative Director – (Your Name)”
in the subject line. No calls please. Local candidates preferred (no relocation assistance offered).
Compensation for this role is dependent on experience and skillset. Range is $90,000 – 115,000.