Graphic / Digital / UX/UI Designer
People Productions is looking for a talented graphic/digital/UX designer to join our small but very dynamic team. We are a marketing/production agency in the heart of Boulder, working primarily with medical device and technology clients. We pride ourselves in being able to take complex ideas and make them simple. Sometimes this involves a pretty steep learning curve, but we enjoy immersing ourselves in new technologies to create thoughtful and informative campaigns, videos, and apps. If you’re a designer who enjoys constantly learning about science and technology, this is the job for you.
This posting is purposefully very wide and is for experienced people. This is not an entry-level position. We don’t expect any one person to be an expert at all these things, or even be able to handle all of these skills. We would like you to be able to say “I am an expert at A&C, I have just started doing B, and D is not something I can do.” The basis for all of these roles is detail-oriented design that keeps the campaign strategy in focus.
Overall skill sets we are looking for:
- Graphic design for
- Print (and digital print)
- Video (storyboards, explainer style videos, etc…)
- Apps (UX and UI for business apps)
- Exhibit (e.g. trade show) design
- 2D After Effects animation (like explainer videos)
- 3D animation and modeling, particularly using Cinema4D
- WordPress / web development (along the lines of landing pages) / HTML emails
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with the creative team to design assets including branding concepts, interactive apps, video storyboards, presentations, and print collateral.
- Dive into new technologies surrounding client products to gain thorough understanding
- Contribute well-developed ideas during brainstorms and conceptual meetings
- Create thoughtful design comps based on direction
- Contribute to business development efforts in the form of presentation deck graphics and visual assets
- 5-7+ years experience working in graphic design, digital design, or related-field
- A stylish and updated portfolio of outstanding work that exemplifies a solid understanding of typography, color theory, and composition
- A passion for design and out of the box ideation. You are able to run with a project and provide insights and new ideas. You love to “wow” with your work.
- Understand what it takes to tell a succinct and compelling story and turn that into thoughtful design
- Solid skills in Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator, utilizing “clean,” layered files
- Working knowledge of After Effects
- Understanding of UI/UX with knowledge of the latest trends in interactivity
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with Microsoft PPT; presentation deck creation a plus
- Strong print process knowledge, knowing how to create accurate print-ready files to spec
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Meticulousness – you pay strict attention to detail for perfecting client-facing collateral and presentations, and you always double and triple check your work
- A collaborative work ethic and ability to take direction and constructive criticism
- Able to work independently without needing to be micro-managed, but knowing when to seek assistance
- Be multidimensional and love to learn. You’re not satisfied with “just” being a graphic designer. You geek out and dive into new subjects and activities inside and outside of work. You may not be a master in these areas, but you know enough to be dangerous. The world is your medium and the sky is your limit.
Nice to haves:
- 3D modeling and animation experience, including Cinema 4D
- Copywriting experience
- Marketing education/experience
When you walk into our downtown, dog-friendly Boulder office you can feel the creative buzz. Our creative and tech teams hang out at lunch and spend time sharing ideas, so there’s always a flow of information between what’s possible and what’s imagined. We work hard, but there is no shortage of laughter and congeniality around the office. That said, all work and no play make Dick and Jane very dull people so as a company we stress the importance of a healthy work/life balance. We live in a beautiful state, and we strive to make sure we have the time to enjoy it.
How to apply:
Please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio/samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with
“Graphic / Digital / UX Designer – (Your Name)”
in the subject line. No calls please. Local candidates preferred (no relocation assistance offered).