People Productions is always looking for Video Editors with strong storytelling skills and both 2D and 3D motion design experience to join our ~20 person, dynamic team.
Responsibilities and Primary Duties:
- Editing story-based marketing videos (corporate, narrative, product, testimonial, etc.)
- Animating motion graphics with After Effects and Cinema 4D.
- Must be fluent with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of post-production software.
- Handle all aspects of post-production, including final color correction, recording voiceovers, and mixing final audio.
It is important to note, we are looking for ‘short-form’ editors with backgrounds in marketing, not someone who is specialized solely in motion graphics design. While 2D and 3D motion design experience is necessary, we need an editor who has experience creating short-form narratives that clearly communicate ideas and information in a compelling way.
Bonus (but not required):
- Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator experience.
- Knowledge of 3D animation in Maya, and CAD, or other 3D design software.
- Expert level sound recording and editing experience.
- Background with cameras and can act as a photographer or videographer.
- Producer experience and/or the ability to oversee a project from concept to completion on your own.
- Web-savvy – not a developer, but able to speak or work in new media/digital formats.
- Interesting skills we forgot to mention.
Salary is commensurate with experience. For out-of-town candidates, please indicate your plans for moving to Boulder, Colorado. Relocation assistance is not provided.
When you walk into our downtown, dog-friendly Boulder office you can feel the creative buzz. Our creative and tech teams hang out at lunch and spend time sharing ideas, so there’s always a flow of information between what’s possible and what’s imagined. We work hard, but there is no shortage of laughter and congeniality around the office. That said, all work and no play make Dick and Jane very dull people so as a company we stress the importance of a healthy work/life balance. We live in a beautiful state, and we strive to make sure we have the time to enjoy it.
How to apply:
Please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio/samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with
“Video Editor – (Your Name)”
in the subject line. No calls please. Local candidates preferred (no relocation assistance offered).